Saturday, April 19, 2008

Red Eared Slider

I have had my Red Eared Slider turtle for YEARS now. I bought him at the size of a quarter when I first moved here because I was lonely and I thought it would be a cute & easy pet to take care of. I was so wrong.

Carl the turtle is now probably 8 years old. He eats all spring/summer long and then starts to hibernate fall thru winter. He just recently started eating again so i thoght I would take a pic with the cell phone since he isn't trying to sleep.

Tonight I also thought to look up some facts on my turtle and I am amazed to see that he has a life expectancy of 50 - 70 years ..... hmmmm can you imagine?






2 comments:

Christa said...

I love turtles - well actually I guess tortises - I've had over 6. First was Stinky - Zohar and then there were three baby's I bought for my Mom once. Stinky ran away when HEATHER left the gate open and Zohar mysteriously disapeared. My Mom forgot to feed the three I bought her. NICE huh...I never thought about a real turtle - how easy are they to take care of?

Lori said...

wow he has gotten big.... I thought you released your turtles into some lake at someones house??